AdvancedHTTPServer is a light weight module that provides a set of classes for
quickly making HTTP servers for a variety of purposes. It focuses on a light and
powerful design with an emphasis on portability. It was designed after and
builds upon Python’s standard
http.server module module.
AdvancedHTTPServer is released under the BSD license and can be freely
distributed and packaged with other software.
AdvancedHTTPServer provides out of the box support for additional commonly needed features such as:
- Threaded request handling
- Binding to multiple interfaces
- SSL and SNI support
- Registering handler functions to HTTP resources
- A default robots.txt file
- Basic authentication
- The HTTP verbs GET, HEAD, POST, and OPTIONS
- Remote Procedure Call (RPC) over HTTP